How To Treat Wet Paint on Carpet
Avoid blotting the spot. Like scrubbing, this will push the paint deeper into the carpets. Simply lay the paper towel and let it do the work. Repeat this process until most or very little moisture is left.
Now, let the paint dry over night. This may sound crazy, but its the most effective way to remove it completely. Just keep reading!
Removing Dry Paint From Carpet
Once the paint has dried overnight, try one of the following options.
- Once its dried, simply scrub vigorously with a clothe or soft brush . The dried paint should break off in pieces, allowing you to vacuum the remainder.
- Use a knife, razor blade or scissors to remove off the chunks of dried paint, but be extra careful not to cut the carpet.
- Use nail polish remover. Find a towel to gently dab it onto the dried paint. Avoid using too much of the nail polish remover. The adhesive on the backing of the carpet can be eaten away by the solvent. This process may take time, but eventually you’ll see the stain begin to fade. Once removed, go over the carpet with a damp rag and vacuum the area.
- Use WD-40. This powerful solvent does an excellent job at breaking down the dried paint. Spray the area with WD-40 then let it sit for about 25-30 minutes. Afterwards, dab the area with a clothe. Rinse the area with water, then quickly vacuum to remove the paint and excess water.
- After trying these methods, you should still have your carpets professionally cleaned to make sure the stain is entirely removed.
Contact Malama ‘Aina Chem-Dry for your professional carpet cleaning. We use revolutionary cleaning methods to provide you and your family a Drier. Cleaner. Healthier.® home.